We All Make Mistakes: A Drunken Mixtape August 21-23,28-30, 2015
Sundown’s 4th Annual(ish) Short Play Festival
CHIVALRY IN FLUX
A young woman is set up on a blind date with a man who has very interesting ideas about how to treat a lady.
- WRITTEN BY: Drew Maggs
- CASSIE: Cassie Peters
- DONATELLO: Bryan Patrick
CLOCKWORKS AND CONSCIOUSNESS
Life is short. Human beings are given an entire time span to truly experience life and happiness, but personal cycles of fear, doubt, or bad habits can prevent us from living a life to its full potential.
- DIRECTED BY: Jenna Davis Jones
- HEART: Allison Wainscott
- BODY: Robert Linder
- MIND: Janelle Schroder
- SOUL: Gustavo Rodriguez
A mixed media performance piece exploring the reasons we hide, where we hide, and at what cost we hide behind various states of being in order to be anyone but who we truly are.
- CREATED AND PERFORMED BY: Cesar Velasco
A devised romantic comedy shedding light on two people who struggle with a mental disorder. Can they keep the flame alive, or will they let their struggles get between them?
- DIRECTED BY: Bethany Burnside
- WRITTEN BY: Christopher Taylor, Shayleigh Ward, Bethany Burnside
- JACK: Christopher Taylor
- JESSICA: Shayleigh Ward
A movement-based/choreographed piece illustrating the journey a couple takes when one person makes a mistake, and the forgiveness, trust and grace it takes from both in order to move on.
- DIRECTED BY: Mandy Rausch
- WOMAN: Mandy Rausch
- MAN: Sean Holmes
When a wife finds herself at the mercy of an internal clock gone awry, tensions flare and many hours of sleep are lost. What’s the warranty on an internal clock, and who is responsible for fixing it?
- DIRECTED BY: Chadwick Withers
- WRITTEN BY: Liesl Ehmke
- INTERNAL CLOCK: Cooper Wiseman
- WIFE: Janelle Schroder
- HUSBAND: Christopher Taylor
MARREN AND THE THREE-LEGGED MOOSE
A drunken night involving a fairy godmother and a bicycle results in a road trip no one expected.
- DIRECTED BY: Nicole Neely
- WRITTEN BY: Kelsey Johnson
- MARREN LITTLE: Janelle Schroder
- CHARDONNAY LOUISE: Liz Hatter
- THE HUNGOVER GODMOTHER: Melissa Karol
An unexpected pregnancy throws a young, unprepared couple into turmoil. Dreams have to be put on hold or go away completely, and the man and woman must decide whether or not the future for their family is one that contains all three of them.
- WRITTEN BY: Franky Gonzales
- DIRECTED BY: Franky Gonzales
- WOMAN: Allison Wainscott
- MAN: Logan Thomas
Clark, a murderer with multiple personalities, battles his guilt while struggling to remain dominant over his other, more insidious sides.
- DIRECTED BY: Collin Miller
- WRITTEN BY: Collin Miller
- CLARK: Cooper Wiseman
- SCISSORS: Daniel Frank
- BLIND: Mazher Fidai
- LUX: Robert Linder
A sleepwalking woman has an interesting encounter when she runs into a busy corporate-type in the middle of a street.
- DIRECTED BY: Mandy Rausch
- WRITTEN BY: Jennifer Hoyt Tidwell
- SLEEPWALKER: Bethany Burnside
- WALKER: Christopher Taylor
Three graffiti artists run from the cops, finding themselves on the roof of the city’s art institute. As they prepare to tag the building, they are confronted with their own ideas about art and question who is ultimately responsible for their work.
- DIRECTED BY: Matthew Stepan
- WRITTEN BY: Laura King
- JJ: Gustavo Rodriguez
- PREACHER: Kerri Peters
- MAGGS: Liz Hatter
How many times can a person be offered vegetable lasagna before they start to lose their mind?
- DIRECTED BY: Kayla Freeman
- WRITTEN BY: Tashina Richardson
- ONE: Shayleigh Ward
- TWO: Allison Wainscott